Fotis studios and apartments are situated near the main road ,where there is a frequent (every 15 min.) daily bus service. From that point you will be able to travel anywhere,eastwards or westwards of Crete and to the city of Heraklion with its museums and archaeological sites and of course, Nikos Kazantzakis airport.
Kato Gouves is a large settlement of Plain province with 1,220 inhabitants. It is a traditional seaside village, surrounded with olive trees and a long coast of beautiful beaches, full of life in summertime with kind, friendly, local people. Its location is at the foot of the west side of Hederi hill (322 m.) named after, as it is believed, from Hethera, which means Ivy, symbol of affection. It is mostly an agricultural area where lots of fresh fruit and vegetables are produced. There are traditional taverns around the area, offering excellent local food and little cafes and bars along the coast road.
The Blue Flag awarded Beach : There are long sandy ,organized beaches, offering many activity opportunities and a scuba diving centre. The Gouves Bay has been awarded the EU Blue Flag for its clean golden sand, the crystal-clear shallow water and the facilities which are offered.
Don't miss in Gouves Area :
- Enjoy swimming and sunbathing on the beaches in Gouves area and close resorts.
- Visit the seaside church of Saints Constantine and Helen
- Visit the famous Crete Aquarium, nearby Gournes village.
- Have fun and games at the Anopolis Water Park or the two Hersonissos Water Parks.
- Visit the cave at Skotino, which is among the largest in Crete.
- The Crete Golf Club, the only 18-hole golf course on the island of Crete and one of the most impressive courses of the Mediterranean.